Back to Top

Transferring to Loyola

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University New Orleans! 

Apply as an International Student

Immigration Transfer Process

Please keep in mind that the admission transfer process and the immigration transfer process are two separate procedures.

  • Because you are transferring to Loyola from another SEVIS institution in the United States, we cannot issue you a Loyola I-20 until your current school releases your SEVIS record.
  • To have your SEVIS record released, you will need to complete a SEVIS Transfer Supplement Form and notify your current international student advisor that you intend to transfer to Loyola University New Orleans.
  • Your advisor will release your record to us on a specified date, usually the last day of exams.
  • Once your SEVIS record has been released, we will complete your immigration transfer and issue you an I-20.

Transfer & Travel

  • If you are planning to leave the United States and will return after your SEVIS transfer to Loyola is completed, you must use your Loyola I-20 to re-enter the country.
  • If you are planning to remain in the United States prior to transferring, then you simply have to sign your Loyola I-20 and submit it to our office during Orientation.

If you have any questions, please contact the Center for International Education at or 504-864-7550.